Founded in 1983, Lofstrand Labs has been dedicated to providing the highest quality research support to scientists around the world. We are proud to provide the broadest range of molecular biological services available from one company.
Lofstrand Labs, a FEE FOR SERVICE BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANY, specializes in recombinant DNA and immunology research support. Our laboratory operates very much like a CORE FACILITY, in that we provide research support in many of the labor intensive aspects of basic research. We take great pride in the fact that research scientists world wide have trusted our staff to assist them in their research efforts for more than twenty years. As a testament to this confidence, our business base has grown because our customers have referred us to their colleagues.Lofstrand labs can support your research efforts in the following areas:
- Biological grade Plasmid DNA production and purification by double cesium chloride density ultracentrifugation. Ideal for biological studies involving micro-injection into animals or tissue culture cells.
- Plasmid DNA transformation of cells, plasmid mini prep analyses, plasmid insert isolation and purification.
- Lambda phage production and DNA isolation, BAC/PAC DNA production and isolation.
- Custom probe labeling (isotopic and non-isotopic nick translation, random priming, end labeling, RNA transcription).
- 125I-Labeling of antibodies and proteins and peptides for receptor binding studies.
- HIV-I specific subclones and probes.
- Oncogene/proto-oncogene DNA and RNA probes.
- Oligonucleotide synthesis.
- DNA sequencing (automated).
- Custom PCR analysis (including: sequencing, subcloning and blot hybridization).
- Custom recombinant library construction (cDNA, genomic), library screening and subcloning servcices.
- Polyclonal and monoclonal antibody development and purification.
- Custom tissue culture and immunology services.
- Histological and immunohistochemical services.